Today is the first day of May and launches the first day of my new fitness/eating plan. I've always eaten pretty healthy and make sure I get enough exercise, but would quite often go for that piece of cake, brownie, or bag of chips, rather than something healthy. I want to try to really clean up what I eat, make my fitness regime more diverse, and then see how I feel after one month. The entire month of May. My food plan looks like this:
Eliminating enriched flours and only eating breads, pastas crackers, cereals, etc. that 100% whole grain.
Incorporating LOTS of veggies and fruits into my diet (I've always been good about fruit, but veggies not so much).
Limiting dairy intake.
Keeping fats to only healthy fats such as olive oil, 100% natural peanut butter, avocado, etc.
Limiting refined sugar. Keeping sugars to under 10g per serving.
Eliminating substitute sugars.
Adding in a lot more fish.
Exercise to include one day each of:
Power walking/hill sprints
Mountain biking
Yoga
Circuit Training with Cory
I'm really curious to see how I feel after one month. I'm a girl who LOVES her carbs and thinks that will be the hardest part of the plan.
We've been so proud of Weredesh lately as she's been very open to trying new foods and I often add spinach to eggs or tomato sauce and she loves fish too! I remember not too long ago that feeding Weredesh was our LEAST favorite activity. She was either extremely picky, would throw up, or just refuse food entirely. For awhile there I never thought we'd get her to eat anything but macaroni and cheese! I'm hoping that all of these veggies that have made it into my house will rub off on her. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment