Weredesh

Saturday, April 24, 2010

terrific twos

I've decided to start a movement to rename the terrible twos the terrific twos! And would like to plant a stigma on the ones instead. How about ornery ones? Awful ones? Whiny ones? (Having a hard time coming up with a good adjective, but you get the idea). I don't know if it's just me, but I'm finding the twos to be MUCH more pleasant than the ones. MUCH more. When I look back at the year of being one I think of cuteness, definitely, but it seemed like the cuteness was often clouded by irritability, frustration and what seemed like consistent whining (and I'm talking about Weredesh, not me, of course). I think teething played a huge part in it, as well as large growth spurts, getting accustomed to a new environment, limited mobility, dirty diapers, and not being able to communicate the things she would like to. And then there's the complete emptying of cupboards, drawers, the getting into EVERYTHING that really got old after awhile.

I swear though, once she turned two everything changed. She's rarely irritable, unless she's sick. She does throw fits now and then, but Cory and I both agree that she's not very good at it. I think the lack of attention she gets for them has helped. :) She's very good at communicating what she needs and wants, and we can have conversations about the day, about what she sees, what excites her, what scares her, and everything else she encounters. Now THAT is fun. She's been completely potty trained for about 4 months now which is AWESOME, she feeds herself with a fork or spoon without making much of a mess, she's an EXCELLENT helper, can get in and out of the car, is developing QUITE an imagination, and LOVES to read books.

I've heard that some people are baby people and some just aren't. Not that babies aren't cute. We're just all having a lot more fun these days. :)

A confident, content, sweet, brilliant little girl.

No comments:

***