I've found FedEx to be a great tool for tracking all of the goings-on of our paperwork journey. Every day I check our bank account to keep track of what's going on money-wise and lately there have been some surprise FedEx charges on my account. Did you know it costs $158 for a priority FedEx to Ethiopia? YIKES! Since the agency uses our FedEx account for our paperwork, it's been a really good tool to keep track of what exactly is going on without bugging the agency. So, from monitoring my FedEx account, what I know is this:
June 5th our dossier was FedEx'ed to Portland - received and signed for on June 6th
June 6th our dossier was FedEx'ed to Washington D.C. - received and signed for on June 9th
June 11th our dossier was FedEx'ed back to Portland - received and signed for on June 12th (not sure why it went back to the agency?)
and...
June 17th our dossier was FedEx'ed to Ethiopia - received and signed for on June 23rd :)
I really like that last one. It's comforting to know that our five months of paperwork has finally reached its destination and has been there for exactly one week.
In the meantime, Cory's brother Ryan and his wife Shelly were here for a four-day visit from Phoenix. It seems they brought the heat with them though, as it topped somewhere around 97 degrees yesterday, and of course we have NO air conditioning. It was a great visit, however. It was super cool to have some quality time with them, considering we really don't know each other well and soon they'll be aunt and uncle to baby Zeltins! It's fun to be a tourist in your own town and actually enjoy some of the things you tend to take for granted, such as this...
They brought their dog, Wedge, with them - he's a miniature bull terrier. I wish we had video of some of his experiences in this here meadow. We were DYING! Picture this dog...
...running full steam ahead across the meadow after his ball, catching his foot in a small hole, and doing a complete front flip, head over tail into the air. Or jumping into a deep stream, trying to swim, but rather bobbing in the water (he's a little top-heavy) going completely under for his ball several times before coming to shore a little water-logged with the shivers. What a trooper! I think he had a great time though regardless of the little mishaps and the fact that Ayla and Wedge were NOT a match made in heaven. I think she was just a little too much puppy for lil' Wedge. We love you Wedge!
They both had one hell of a weekend...
1 comment:
Yeah, I'm so glad your dossier is in Ethiopia! That is so exciting!
Post a Comment