Weredesh

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Bead for Life

Cory and I were at a BBQ this 4th of July and came across something that I thought was beautiful and amazing.  A young girl at the BBQ was wearing these beautiful beads which had a story behind them.  They're called Bead for Life.  They're made out of recycled colored newsprint and are GORGEOUS!  (If you look closely, you can actually see some of the type on the beads.)  The story of how the beading got started is truly inspiring.  You can read about it here:


I've already ordered mine.  :)

~ Lisa

2 comments:

Joy said...

Hi Lisa,
I found your blog and we are also working with Radu. We have been waiting 2 1/2 months for a referral of 2 boys - a baby and another 4 or younger. I have watched everyone get quick referrals except for us. I thought it would be quick since we weren't asking for a baby girl :). Oh well. Hopefully we can stay in touch and we might end up traveling together once the courts reopen in the fall.

Cory, Lisa, and Weredesh said...

Hi Joy!

Yeah, some referrals seem to be coming quick! Yours will probably be sooner than you know it...looks like we will be held off by the courts, but we weren't really planning on anything until the end of the year anyway. Meeting a blogger buddy on our travels would be fantastic!

~ Lisa

***