Weredesh
Thursday, May 17, 2012
grandma dianne
...or Denanne as Weredesh used to say. :)
I haven't posted much recently due to a bit of a crisis situation in our family. A couple of years ago, grandma (my mom) was diagnosed with Alzheimer's and in the past 6 months or so, her disease has progressed quite a bit. With us living down here in So Cal, and mom living up in Oregon, it's been hard to keep a close eye on her. And particularly with her living alone, I've been a complete wreck, hoping every day that something horrible doesn't happen. Also, given the recent reports from her daily caregiver about her decline, I knew I had to step in and make some changes so that mom is safe and sound.
So, in April, Weredesh and I flew up to Bend to drive mom back down here to live with us (temporarily). The trip went really well and I think Weredesh had a ball with grandma in the car. On the way back we visited mom's good friends, Susan and Richard Bethel in Plymouth, and mom's cousin Gordon and Ginny in Thousand Oaks. It was really good to visit with these people we hadn't seen in soooo long.
So, to make a long story short...grandma lived with us for about 3 weeks until I found her a great place to live, only 4 miles from here. It's so wonderful that she is now safe, much healthier, and we can visit often. :)
Photos, of course, from the trip...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
***
1 comment:
I am so happy you found a close place for your mom to live.
Post a Comment