Weredesh

Thursday, August 19, 2010

tafru

A couple of weeks ago we took a trip to Portland to go to TAFRU (Toukoul Adoptive Families Reunion). It was a reunion of about 12 families with adopted kids all from Le Toukoul orphanage. What an amazing group of beautiful children! We didn't attend the whole weekend of activities , but made it to the dinner on Saturday night. The dinner was at Jarra's, an Ethiopian restaurant, and the owner and employees there were super gracious to take in all those kids for a couple hours. We pretty much took over the restaurant, and I felt bad for all the other people that were trying to have a quiet meal. ;) Weredesh LOVED the injera, but I don't think it was made the traditional way, with teff flour. It just wasn't as sour as I've tasted it (which is probably why she really liked it). She tried to shove the whole platter-full of food in her mouth!

It was so good to see some friends we hadn't seen in awhile - Tania and Sabah, who we met while in Ethiopia, and Mona and Janissa, who we met last year in San Diego. I got the girls started on "ring around the rosy" and before I knew it I was surrounded with children wanting to play!

Good times...














No comments:

***