Weredesh

Thursday, May 13, 2010

my day



Why is there a picture of Ayla on my Mother's Day post you ask? Well, that's the look of a happy dog that went for a mountain bike ride on Mother's Day. Ayla absolutely LOVES mountain biking. So does this mom. :)

My Mother's day actually started Saturday night, as I (FINALLY!) got to watch Avatar (and I think I'm the only one who hadn't seen it yet). And thanks to Weredesh's (awesome) adoptive grandparents, Susan and Richard, for loaning it to us. We decided to adopt them as Weredesh's grandparents because they're amazing people, and you can NEVER have too many grandparents, right?

Anyways, Sunday was (again) my favorite holiday, and it was a BEAUTIFUL day. Cory made amazing omelettes and took care of EVERYTHING while I just played with Weredesh in the yard. I got this fun idea from another adoptive mother - to make a sandbox out of her sled. (She actually used cornmeal since her baby is younger and is still in the stages of putting everything in her mouth, which I thought was a brilliant idea!) Weredesh and I sat in the sun and she played with the sand for quite some time. She LOVED having her toes in it. In the afternoon after she went down for a nap, I took Ayla up to the mountains for a nice ride. A perfect day! VERY relaxing!!!







My first Mommy's Day card and homemade gift that she made at school - a little pansy in a decorated cup. She picked out the blue heart. :)

1 comment:

Tracey said...

Awe....I loved watching her try to get the sand off of her pants and leg, so cute. She's so grown up and has a gorgeous smile --when did she get so big? WOW!

Glad you had an awesome Mother's Day...

Happy Mother's Day, Dude. I love you!!

***