Weredesh

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

progress reports

Yesterday was an eventful day, as we took Weredesh to her 2 year well-baby appointment and also had her first parent-teacher conference at her pre-school. She is tall for her age - in the 80th percentile now for height, and 50th for weight. Everything looks really good. Nothing significant to report. She had to receive 3 immunizations yesterday, which she was NOT happy about, and still was saying "ouch" this morning, as I'm sure her legs are really sore. A little ibuprofen helped those matters. But she's good to go until her 3 year appointment. :)

Being a teacher, I was excited about her parent/teacher conference. It was good to hear more detail about what every day is like at school. Seems she's been testing the teachers. Her teacher said that she is extremely intelligent, and I agreed because I'm constantly finding myself in situations where I have to be smarter than the two year old. Sometimes she has to be removed from activities due to not following directions, of which she doesn't like too much, but it's working. Establishing boundaries is the thing we need to work on the most. But everything she is doing is very common for a two year old. I believe we are good at establishing boundaries at home, but there's probably some things we could change, such as using the couch as a climbing structure. This seems to transfer to other areas, such as school, where she wants to climb and stand on chairs and couches, rather than sit on them. She's a very physical baby, which is what I found the other day when I tried to take her to the library. She would much rather climb stairs or play in the elevator than sit and read books. It was funny last night as I told her teacher this story, she walked over to the reading area and picked up a book and sat down with it to read. She understands WAY more than we know.

Her teacher also said that she can't believe how far she's come since she started there only 8 months ago. Any delays she had when starting school are all caught up and in some areas she's surpassed other children. We also talked about future Montessori programs, since she will grow out of this program in the next year and we are really happy with her progress in Montessori. She eats well (even veggies!), is liked by others, is kind to other children, and very helpful. They are working on her not getting into others' personal space - she loves getting into other people's business, but is not happy about others getting into hers. She wants to help other children with things like putting on shoes, when they don't necessarily want it. So we're working on getting her to ask first. Other than these little two-year-old quirks, she's right on target, and we're super happy with her teachers and school. Great job sweet bug!

No comments:

***