Weredesh

Friday, October 9, 2009

re-adoption

Yep. Adoption again! And nope, not ANOTHER child, silly. But since Weredesh was adopted in the country of Ethiopia, and NOT in the U.S., the final step is to re-adopt once she in the U.S. And yes, I understand it has been almost a year that she has been with us, but I've been a tad busy. :) Today I finally completed the re-adoption paperwork so that Weredesh can receive an Oregon birth certificate and apply for a U.S. passport. Therefore, re-confirming her U.S. citizenship. By law she is technically a U.S. citizen through our international adoption process (thank you, President Clinton), however she's still listed as a "permanent resident" until we file the final adoption paperwork in the U.S. It will still be several weeks before we receive the final adoption certificate, and hopefully our county offers an adoption ceremony so we can celebrate! I just love THIS PHOTO of a blogger friend of mine that recently completed their U.S. adoption.

No comments:

***