On top of all that, I feel a sore throat coming on and Cory just asked me if we're out of Airborne....ugh.
Weredesh
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
the ultimate test
Sorry, but I don't really have updates on our trip yet. It's been really rough around here as we have a sick sick baby. When we picked her up at the orphanage she had double ear infections oozing pus, and a sinus infection with a horrible gurgly cough. Now that we're back, she's still fighting her infections, but on top of it has a ruptured ear drum and the chicken pox appeared yesterday. She's also teething. Needless to say, it hasn't been a bundle of joy around the Zeltins house. As if being new parents wasn't hard enough, it seems we're being put to a bigger test. Poor little Weredesh is so miserably itchy and just rubs at her ears as I know they hurt. This has caused very restless sleep for her and little to none for mom and dad. She's extremely irritable from lack of sleep and during the day the only thing that appeases her is to carry her and walk around the house - as soon as you stop moving she starts crying. Today we put her in the car seat (she also likes this motion) and drove to Target to buy her a swing because mom and dad are both so exhausted we can't even see straight. We put her in the swing this afternoon and she slept soundly for about 1/2 an hour. I actually did a load of laundry! Other than that, absolutely NOTHING is getting done around here and it just keeps piling up. Wonder if we'll ever unpack our suitcases? I don't mean to sound whiny, but we're weary...hopefully the next few days will find a happier baby - I'm eager to see our daughter's personality shine through when she's actually feeling well!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
***
5 comments:
Hi Cory and Lisa,
It's Kaylin, Craig's daughter if you don't remember,I just wanted to give you guys a little encouragement. I know that your little girl is in pain, you haven't had sleep for a long time, and it feels that everything is going to expload...but there is one person who is looking after you every step of the way, every second! His name is Jesus Christ! He loves you and Weredesh so much! He died for you so that you could live with Him forever! He can heal your baby's life!
He can and will heal your little sick beautiful daughter! And to speed up that whole process you can praying!
I know that all of a sudden I am "preaching" to you about this God you might of not even heard of but really He is the ONE and ONLY TRUE GOD!! Anyways, I am praying for your little Weredesh! I talk about her all the time and share her little life with all my friends! You guys are blessed beyond your dreams! She is so beautiful!
God Bless you,
Kaylin
Lisa and Cory, my heart goes out to you and your precious new daughter. If there is anything that I can do for you please feel free to ask. I can wash, dry and fold laundry, grocery shop, cook some meals, even would be willing to come and hold Weredesh so mommy and daddy can get some sleep. Please if there is anything I can do for you let me know.
Shannon*
Oh man, that is terrible. I am so sorry. It sounds like all the kids are coming home sick with stuff going around the orphanage. I will pray for rest and a quick recovery. Hang in there!
Amber
Lisa I will pray for you and Cory and Weredesh. That trip kicked our behinds + our boys had a lot of the same things. I know you are going through the same stuff - just a week behind us -so I realy feel for you. We were so excited this week as our boys started to heal and come to life. We have found though that our oldest son was given 5 antibiotics in 4 months and the antibiotics are not kicking his 3+week ear infection - I wonder if your little girl will have the same trouble. I know my boys itched so much especially at night. My doctor gave them a prescription benedryl type med that also made them drowsy. It really helped them be still, sleep and get on our time zone (which allowed me to sleep too :)). I got on antibiotics too. You may need get some antibiotics (don't delay) so you can be healthy to take care of your baby. Email me for anything. Take care - Joy
I'm so happy you're home :) I'm sorry she's sick. When Daniel came home I came down with the flu, I had to crawl to the Dr & get meds & steriod shot to heal faster so I could be his Mom. I had to stay away from him & not cuddle him, until I was better. My Mom came in & helped my husband. I pray that all that she gets better soon, and you & your hubby won't get sick, Good Luck, Hugs & praying for you guys. She's beautiful :)
ALi
Post a Comment