Weredesh

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

bittersweet

Today has been a day of mixed emotions.  The only word I can choose to describe it is bittersweet.  Last night we received word that my grandpa finally lost his long battle with cancer.  He is now at peace and we're feeling a huge void in our tiny little family.  The picture below depicts just how much character he brought each and every day.  We all love you and will miss you terribly grampa...
 And at the same time, we passed court and want to introduce our beautiful daughter, Weredesh Skye.  With the passing of a life comes a brand new one full of opportunity.  We are so fortunate to add her to our family and can't wait to have her home! 


Referral picture (July, 8 mos.)


September, 10 mos.


October, 11 mos.

4 comments:

Mona said...

Lisa,

I just lost a loved one to cancer as well and know the loss you are feeling. I am so sorry. On the other hand, little Weredesh Skye is all yours and will soon be in your arms. What a joy! My prayers are with you.

Anonymous said...

Oh GF - I'm sorry about your grandpa... we will have a drink to toast his life tonight...

...And then another to celebrate your successful court date YAY! She is just awfully cute... what an amazing difference in just one month!

Love you!

Amber said...

I am so excited for you. You passed court and you will be with your sweetie soon!

I am so sorry for your loss!

Colleen and JF Bertrand said...

I am so sorry for your loss. It is never easy, even when you know that suffering is over.

I will say, your daughter is so beautiful!!! Have a safe trip. We will be traveling on the 5th to meet our son. Yay!

***