Weredesh

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Care Package Leaves Today!




Radu got me in touch with a family that leaves for Ethiopia today.  They are adopting three girls, ages 10, 12, and 14!  (Very brave!)  Anyways, they are taking a care package to our little girl at Toukoul and will be taking new photos.  I can't WAIT to see some new pictures of her!  They will return on September 3rd.  I went into the Old Navy baby department for the first time and went a little NUTS on outfits!  

I especially love the little pink monster in the right hand corner.  It's called a Burp Monster and it's hand made.  It can be used as a burp cloth or just as a cuddle toy.  It it SOOOOO incredibly soft and cuddly.  And the My First Fish Bowl by Lamaze is too cute with its soft little sea creatures that either jingle or crinkle when you play with them.  And she can put them in and take them out of the fish bowl.  

And of course a board book.  (I had to choose the one with numbers, being a geeky math teacher.)  I wonder if she's ever held a book before???


The family we've connected with has a really unique adoption story.  And they are SOOOOO kind to check in on our baby girl.  This is what the husband wrote me last week:

I hope I can take some pictures of my wife holding your 

baby and maybe of me holding her also.  We want to do as much as we can to 

make sure you know your daughter is being well cared for as I am sure is the 

case.  I will try to take some pictures of the place they eat, where 

everyone plays and sleeps, etc.  The more you know about what is happening 

to your daughter, the better you are going to feel.  We will give her a big 

hug along with the "Care Package" and it will feel good to know you will be 

coming to pick her up and take her home.


I really appreciate that they're going to spend some time with her and give me all the details, as what you get with the referral just leaves you wanting more!

Ciao for now!

~ Lisa

1 comment:

Ali said...

How sweet! The outfits & that monster burp cloth is precious!!! I love the fish bowl! I can't wait to be this far into the journey! How special that is to have someone do that for you. To give your baby extra love & a care package from her new family! I remember 8 months ago yearning to hold my baby boy, watching his videdo over & over sent to us on the day we were matched with him from the state. We waited almost 3 months before we could have our first meeting with him on Feb 8, 08 in Houston, Tx. Now 6 months later we are in the process for Ethiopia for him a sister. Time flies and when you meet your daughter, Oh it's indescribale after waiting so long! I pray for the family on their way to their children & for delivering her care package to her. God Bless

Ali

***