
Took a day trip to Salem today to get all of our paperwork authenticated. Finally found the state capitol after getting completely lost. Mapquest's directions made NO sense when I printed them out, but figured they might make sense once I got there??? Nope. Totally worthless. So, I just looked to the sky and drove toward the golden beacon that's the pioneer statue on top of the capitol building. That got me there no problem...
Ayla went with me today since Cory had a long day at work...so when I first got there (since it's a 2 1/2 hr. drive, I let her out to pee and she took a dump right on the lawn of the state capitol! Good girl. :) hee hee...(And yes, I had my baggie ready.)
I then got my paperwork taken care of. It only took about 20 minutes and I was on my way. When I was done, I actually took a little self-tour of the Oregon State Capitol - checked out the House of Representatives and Senate. A beautiful building. I can't believe I hadn't been in there before. Stupid Californian. :) Ayla and I then walked all around the rose gardens and checked out the beautiful campus that's all of the state offices. Very cool. A whirlwind of a trip, but now I'm home and getting all of our stuff ready to Fed-Ex to the agency. Tomorrow it will be on its way to Adoption Avenues, then Washington D.C., and then Ethiopia! Yee haw!
~ Lisa
No comments:
Post a Comment