
I was so excited yesterday to see a packet in the mail from the U.S. Dept. of Homeland Security! That is, until I opened it up and there was NO letter specifying our fingerprinting appt...WTF? The letter states that they've received our "'Application for Advance Processing of Orphan Petition,' I600A." However, there's a sentence in the letter that says "if you did not submit your home study with your application, your appointment letter for fingerprinting will follow after you have done so." Considering I sent my home study with our application, this leaves me a little confused. Seems to me that our appointment letter should have been included with this packet??? So....I sent an email to the Citizen & Immigration Services office in Yakima that they specified I contact for questions. It's in Yakima, WA. The letter also says that "orphan petitioners are considered as top priority," so that makes me feel better. We'll probably get this solved on Monday. (Of course these things always happen on Friday at 5PM.)

In the meantime, we've been VERY busy with Ayla, our new little addition. She's getting SO huge already! Look at those long legs! And her ears ALWAYS get funny comments...I call her my little bat girl. :) And we're overly concerned parents, of course. She just finished puppy school and will start basic obedience training on May 6th. The poor thing has big shoes to fill, considering Cody was the most perfect boy (of course he wasn't, it just seemed that way :) And I think with the baby coming, we're even MORE sensitive to making sure every little puppy behavior is fixed pronto! Good thing she's a smart girl. Gosh, if we're half as worried about our new baby as we are about our puppy, we're in big trouble!
No comments:
Post a Comment